Monday, 3 November 2014

Saying no to 'comfort food'. Argghh!

Man, today was busy. I'm working on a huge project and today was non-stop running about. I was so looking forward to getting home and relaxing on the sofa.  For a nano second (ok, maybe more than that) I entertained the thought of cooking up a big bowl of spag Bol with a load of cheese and garlic bread.   The thought stuck with me, accompanied by 'Fat Girl's' little mantra, 'you deserve it, you need to relax tonight'.

Yeah, not so fast FG! 

I decided in that moment (quicker than I thought) that nope, I'm much rather eat decently, healthily and not shovel a comfort-fest into ye olde gob.  So I came home and I did the right thing and I'm
glad that I did.

I think this has to be a moment by moment thing. Planning a whole day is too hard...but I can just about make it to the next moment.

Which in reflection is pretty much how Jesus taught us to live anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment