Monday, 3 November 2014

Welcome to week 2! We can do it!

I think I've got this inner fat girl living in my head - she's the one who nudges me to eat in unhelpful ways, and then when I do, she yells at me and tells me I'm stupid and ugly and that I'll never lose weight.   Yeah, well, she is not a permanent resident!

My weekend was ok food-wise but could have been much better. I think, with the darker nights, there's less motivation to go out and walk too.   I had a lot on but was aware that driving home last night, I 'wanted something nibbly'.   Inner fat girl lets me think that Saturdays/Sundays are for 'treats'.   Anyway, decided to not give in and I didn't stop at the garage and buy junk (when inner fat girl says, 'you can start eating well again tomorrow...' she's lying!).

I had a bit of supper and went to bed and read a book.  I wasn't hungry at all...but I was hungry to eat rubbish.  Big difference!

So much of this journey is about learning to root out destructive thoughts before they've turned into actions.  The turnaround time at present, between thinking and heading to the fridge, is very short, but that will get longer and longer, as I learn to recognise what's real hunger and what's just plain old bad habits!

And so, week 2 begins.
Last week, I lost 2.5lbs, taking me down to 13.3 (1/2).  This week, I'd love to lose another 2lbs as well.  I realise this is about re-education not losing weight, as such...but being fitter, healthier and more in control of the junk I put in my gob, will lead to that too!

If you're on your own journey this week too, let me know and we can encourage each other. 


No comments:

Post a Comment