"The thinking that got you into this mess isn’t the thinking you need to get out.”
Which made me wonder what 'thinking' caused me to gain weight in the first place? Thinking it through, realised I have a few reoccuring thoughts when it comes to food;
Had a crap day? You need some comfort food, not rabbit food.
Been good? Lost weight and stuck to your diet? Right, you deserve a treat...a night off, eat whatever you fancy.
And probably loads more too.
And oh, the scales, forgot to mention how I've become a captive slave to those little metal things in my bathroom - standing on those in the morning ultimately determines what kind of day I'll have.
Few pounds more than I thought, makes me a bad, undisciplined, stupid person.
Few pounds less and suddenly, all is well with the world, I'm in control, doing ok...maybe it's time for a 'reward.'?
Sheesh, no wonder why I'm tired so often, being fat is almost like a full time job,
But, what if the faulty thinking which got me here, is the same thinking which is keeping me here? What if it's got nothing to do with low fat foods or portion control or cutting out wheat, dairy and everything else? What if the biggest battle is in my head?
No comments:
Post a Comment